Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Rage, Rage Against the Dying of the Meat

Super Meat Boy.........how I hate this game


Yet how I love it as well......its a bit of a problem, this love hate relationship I have with this game. I love it because it is a hard game a very hard game but at the same time so rewarding to play. And I hate it because it is so hard......yes yes I know its a bit of a contradiction,,,well a lot of a contradiction. The reason that I love and hate the game is the same.

I should I think talk about what Super Meat Boy is. Super Meat Boy is a simple platforming game, but with out the simple or easy. The aim of the game is to get back your girlfriend Bandage girl (shes made of bandages) from the evil Dr Fetus (A fetus is a jar) thats about all there is.....oh yer you play as MEATBOY (a boy made of meat).

You go about saving Bandage girl by doing more and more aggravating levels that involve you jumping from platform to platform off walls and over pits of, well lots of things the variations of the levels means that there is all sorts of hazards to avoid like the plague. This is were the game starts to get hard. You die in a hit and it is very easy to get hit. This is were the rage starts to kick in this game. LOTS AND LOTS OF RAGE. I can't play this game for more that an hour at a time before I want kill some one. And that is not a good thing. But despite how much rage the game give me I keep on coming back again and again

Dear god this game will kill me.....or the person who is sitting next to me...one or the other but hey oh well I still need to save Bandage girl and stop Dr Fetus.

No comments:

Post a Comment