Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Old School Links Awakening

The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening, the Zelda game that I have played and finished the most. It was the the game that got me into Zelda games and  a since then I have stopped Ganon at his every turn, thought its now always Ganon it has also been a spooky mask, a fish, three evil mages and a host of other things.

Despite all of this this game and I did not get off to the best of starts. At the time that I got this game I was six and because of this had no idea of how to solve any of the puzzles, this is why it after five years of playing I still had not gotten in to the first dungeon in the game. However this did not stop me having fun though five years of walking in the same area had given me some idea of how the game works. So five years and I was into the first dungeon, it fell quickly as did the second, third, fourth and, fifth dungeons. Then I stopped and messed around for a bit on other games came back and got stuck.....again dungeon seven is hell, so I skip it destroy the last dungeon and come back. Then a long and by long I mean long side quest to get the best weapon in the game, this quest has you going all over the map first to get hints as to were the weapon is then to the first item to get the weapon, and then on a massive swap quest to get both this item some upgrades and the weapon, if you do this like I did on its own it takes about a day, but you can do it as you play so that takes less time.

This blog post came from a question on a website I use called the Escapist (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/) it asked what my most played game is, this was the answer that came out with about twenty play thoughts to its name. Its at the point I can do this game in an afternoon an I do this every now and then just for the fun of it. And after the twenty times through I still do find it fun, and this is starting amaze me how can I play a game so much but still find it to be so fun but despite the amazement I am so happy that I still find it fun because it means I can just come back to this game any time I like just for the fun of it, and you know I will I'll just keep coming back again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment